Job Title: IT – Network Engineer I (Wireless)
Location: Raleigh, NC
Description: We are seeking a Sr Network Wireless Engineer who is adept with wireless technologies, such as Wi-Fi, WiMAX, and WAP to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities. This position is part of our client’s ETS Contract with the United States Postal Service, bringing top of the line professional technologists to their teams.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Support a Cisco centric WAN, LAN, and WLAN environment. This includes routers, firewalls, security, WLAN.
• Conduct wireless site surveys and wireless assessments
• Conduct predictive wireless assessments and deployments
• Perform installation, maintenance and upgrade of wireless controllers and access points.
• Implement and support a secure wireless network for an enterprise-wide wired and wireless infrastructure.
• Central focus is in supporting the wireless infrastructure and associated wireless technology projects.
• Paired with another junior engineer, manage 3-4 large simultaneous wireless refresh projects per quarter to completion • Monitor system for trouble areas and proactively resolve and document root cause.
• Perform site installs, maintenance, upgrades or software enhancements to support the network infrastructure needs.
• Function as a point of escalation for operational entities regarding regular or complex issues.
• Work on daily service tickets while engaged on enterprise wireless deployments.
• Own and fulfill small to large strategic or tactical wireless projects.
• Engage with manufacturer technical support centers to quickly resolve issues as they arise as necessary.
• Design, test and implement new Wi-Fi deployments and upgrades to existing infrastructure
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an associated discipline and a minimum of 3 years’ experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of Degree.
• Minimum 7 years of applicable networking experience.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of 802.11n and 802.11a
• Strong experience with both centralized and local Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers.
• Strong experience with Cisco Lightweight Access Points.
• Strong understanding of WLAN technologies, network management, 802.11 b/g/n/ac standards.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and experience with analysis tools such as Ekahau, Air Magnet, Wireshark, etc.
• Experience or understanding of scripting languages, such as Bash, Perl or Python
• Experience working with customers remotely and over the phone to assist with network troubleshooting and ability to escalate issues as needed.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Ability to change physical locations based upon need (walking in and between buildings outside)
• Willing to work occasional on-call and after-hours support rotation
• Willing to travel up to 25% for occasional short-term assignments.
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
• Local to the Raleigh, NC area (this position does not provide relocation assistance) Additional Provisions
• Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
• All candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card).
• Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
• Cannot have more than 6 months’ travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
• The enforced dress code is business casual, i.e. collared shirt with slacks for men, no skirts above the knee for women.
• Cisco CCNA and CCIE certification
• 7+ years of Enterprises WAN/LAN/WLAN experience and high-density deployments.
• 5+ years of Cisco devices configuration experience.